What We Believe
OUR BELIEFS (STATEMENT OF FAITH)
- We believe that the Bible is the verbally and totally inspired Word of God, inerrant in its original manuscripts. The Bible is our supreme and final authority in faith and life. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1, 26; Matthew 28:19; John 1:1-3, 4:24; Acts 5:3-4; Romans 1:20; Ephesians 4:5-6; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man. (Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:26-38; Romans 9:5; Titus 2:13)
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and are guilty sinners in thought, word, and deed. (Genesis 1:26-27, 3:1-24; Romans 3:25, 5:12-18; 1 John 1:8)
- We believe that the Lord Jesus died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, that He rose victorious from the grave on the third day, and that all who believe in Him are justified by His shed blood. (Isaiah 53; Matthew 20:18; John 3:16; Romans 3:24-26, 5:1; I Corinthians 15:3, 2 Corinthians 5:21; Ephesians 1:7; I John 2:2; Matthew 28:6; Romans 10:9; 1 Corinthians 15:14)
- We believe in the personal and visible return of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Acts 1:11; I Thessalonians 4:16-17)
- We believe that all who come by grace through faith to accept the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God. (John 3:3-5,1:12-13; James 1:18; I Peter 1:23; Ephesians 2:8-9)
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting joy of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost. (John 5:28-29; I Corinthians 15; 2 Corinthians 5:10; Matthew 25:31-46; Revelation 20:4-6, 11-15)
- We believe that all Christians are indwelt and baptized by the Holy Spirit when they receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- We believe that water baptism by immersion is the biblical testimony of the professed believer in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:28-41, 47; Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 8:36-40; 10:47; 18:8; Romans 6:3, 4; I Corinthians 12:13)
- We believe that those who partake of the Lord’s Supper should be regenerate believers, walking in fellowship with the Lord Jesus Christ. (Acts 2:42-46; I Corinthians 11:23-29)
- We believe that all Christians have direct relations with God through Jesus Christ, are responsible to God alone, and that each church is independent and must be free from interference by any outside authority.
- We believe in the universal church, composed of all regenerated believers of any race or nation. We believe in the local church, consisting of a group of believers in Jesus Christ, baptized on a credible profession of faith, and associated for worship, work and fellowship. (Matthew 28:17-20; Acts 2:41-42; I Corinthians 12:12-31)
OUR POSITION ON GIVING
CLICK HERE to see some solid biblical principles and verses to consider as you live the life of a New Testament giver/tither, and see where we stand as a church on this subject.
- We are united in grace. Our churches are built on the unearned, undeserved, free grace that Jesus offers every life. Ephesians 2:8-10
- We are a movement; not a monument. We believe the church is not a building to point to, but an organic movement of broken, regular people led by the Spirit to carry the hope and light of Jesus into a dark world. Acts 1:8
- We prioritize the local church. The Church is Jesus’s only plan for carrying His message to a lost and dying world. Therefore, we choose to revolve our lives around it. Matthew 16:18
- We are always about Jesus. We believe God alone is worthy of our focus; so all fame and acclaim are always, only for Him. Philippians 2:9-11
- We are deliberately simple. We gather each week to study the Bible, worship Jesus, and encourage each other to carry the Gospel message into our world. Acts 2:42-47
- We value both men and women in leadership. We believe both men and women have the hand of God on their lives and are capable and called to lead others toward their God-given destiny. 1 Corinthians 16:19
- We are people of honor. We freely give honor to all people regardless of status because of the calling and potential God has placed inside of all of us. Romans 12:10
- We Think 3 (Generations). We believe there is no age requirement for impacting the world. Therefore, we believe every child, teenager, and adult has the calling of God on their lives, and we empower them to live it out. 2 Timothy 1:5
- We are open-handed. We give away our time, resources, and leaders to advance God’s Kingdom His way. John 12:24-25
- We multiply. We believe every disciple makes more disciples, every leader trains more leaders, and every church plants more churches. 2 Timothy 2:2; Matthew 28:19-20.
- We pursue Gospel saturation. We believe every town, city, and region in our world needs a simple, meaningful, localized expression of worship. Titus 1:5