FALL 2023 MEN’S RETREAT
Guys ages 14 & up – join us for delicious food, manly activities, great worship, purposeful and inspirational messages, and a time to unwind and grow your faith at our Fall Men’s Retreat at Pine Lake Camps! (Minors should be accompanied by a parent/guardian.)
WHEN: Fri, Sept 29 (arrive 5-7p) – Sun, Oct 1 (check out 12:30p)
WHERE: Pine Lake Camps (32203 230th Street, Eldora, IA 50627)
- Lodging (bunkhouse style cabins or bring your own camper or tents – more info below)
- Teaching sessions & activities
- 6 meals & 2 snacks
- Retreat T-shirt
- On-site cabin: $185 (May require a short walk to restroom.)
If you have a physical or medical need for us to consider in your cabin assignment, please notify us in your registration.
- RV/tent/offsite: $165 (Includes all retreat sessions & activities & meals)
- Lodge Room: $300 (Includes a private lodge room, bedding, towels, and private bathroom. Lodge rooms each hold a queen and a twin bed.)
– Lodge Room registrants can add a roommate for offsite pricing.
About our speakers:
Eric Dykstra is the Senior Pastor and Founder of Free Grace United, which is one church with many interdependent, grace-based congregations around the world. He is a pastor, author, church planter, and college teacher. But most importantly, he is in love with his wife Kelly and loves to give her pink roses. He is the biggest fan of his three kids, Braden, Holland, and Aidan, their spouses, and his awesome grandkids. His passion (besides Jesus, of course) is bass fishing. If he is not teaching the Bible somewhere, he is probably on a lake.
Chris Wells is a native of South Carolina, and was raised in Summerton, SC near the banks of the Santee Cooper lakes. Chris has a passionate concern for people who don’t know Jesus Christ and has a heart for sportsmen and students. He is a full time Evangelist and is currently the Chaplain for the Fellowship of Christian Anglers of the Bassmaster Elite Series.
- Golf tournament
- Fishing tournament
- High ropes course
- Axe throwing
- Rifle range (bring your own or use one of ours)
- Frisbee golf
- Hiking trails
- And more!
- 5-7pm Check In
- 7pm Dinner
- 8pm Worship Session 1
- 9:30pm Bonfire
- 8:30am Breakfast
- 9:30am Worship Session 2
- 11am-12:30pm Recreation
- 12:30pm Lunch
- 1:30-6pm Recreation
- 6pm Dinner
- 7pm Worship Session 3
- 9pm Capture the Flag
- 10pm Bonfire
- 8:30am Breakfast
- 10am Church/Worship Session 4
- 11:30am Lunch
- 12:30pm Check Out
What to Bring:
- Bible, notebook/journal
- Pillow, bedding (the bunk beds are twins, but almost every cabin has 1 full-size bunk; first-come, first-served. Plan to give honor to men who would benefit from the “better beds” (grandpas, etc.).
- Towels & toiletries.
- Warm clothing/layers. It will be chilly in the evening! (Be comfy! It’s camp!)
- Good walking shoes/boots (there may be mud).
- Ear plugs/whatever you need to sleep comfortably in a cabin with others. If you registered for a lodge room, you may want a noise maker because people may be hanging out near your room.
- BYO gun for the range, if you wish, but please keep it locked in your car when not in use.
- BYO fishing gear.
- BYO snacks if you have special dietary needs. We will have options at meals but can’t guarantee options for snack times.
- Money for the camp store.
- Please, no alcohol, animals, or children.
- Pack a CAMP mentality: It’s camp! There will be bugs, dust, critters, other people, a schedule, and lots of fun. The food will be delicious, and the cabins are heated.