ELK RIVER SERVICE TIME/LOCATION
Saturdays @ 5 & 6:30 pm
Sundays @ 9 & 10:30 am
Fri, Dec 23 @ 5:30 & 7 pm
Sat, Dec 24 @ 3 & 4:30 pm
829 School St NW, Elk River 55330
(across the street from Elk River High School)
Each congregation of Free Grace United is a distinct local church. They vary in size, demographics, and cultural aesthetics. Each has its own story, its own pastors, and its own ministries. In deciding which congregation to join, we encourage you to start by visiting the one closest to you.
Join us for one or more of these opportunities to study the Bible, go deeper in faith, and make connections at Free Grace United:
DEEPER WEDNESDAYS @ 6:45 pm (Nov 16: Potluck | Nov 23: No Deeper):
- Men’s Bible Study: The Book of Colossians
- Men’s Bible Study: Strategic Prayer Warriors Men of God, you’re invited to this special training course taught by Pastor Jim Lacy! Each session includes biblical teaching & interactive discussion to help you develop simple prayer strategies for keeping the enemy out and protecting your family, our church, and our nation.
- Women’s Bible Study: A Study of Habakkuk This book encourages us to have a posture of prayer in hard times and invites us to trust that God will one day remove evil forever.
- Free Grace Recovery
- Student Church (High School)
- Free Grace Students (Junior High)
- DeeperKids Discipleship (PreK-Grade 5)
MORE DISCIPLESHIP OPPORTUNITIES:
- DivorceCare – Tuesdays @ 6:30 pm from Sept 20-Dec 27: DivorceCare is a weekly seminar & support group that will help you heal from the hurt of a separation or divorce. It’s a warm, caring environment led by people who understand what you are going through. Participant workbooks are $25.CLICK HERE to pre-register.
- Free Grace Homeschool Co-op – meeting most Thursdays from 1:30-3:30 pm: Our focus will be prayer and support for parents and fun for the kids. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Friends in Grace – meeting the 1st Friday of every month at 5:30-7:30 pm from Oct-May: for people with special needs and their families.
- Young Adults Group – 12p on 1st & 3rd Sunday of the month and 6:30 pm on the 4th Friday of the month: Singles in their 20’s & 30’s meet at Brit’s home in Elk River to build connections with like-minded believers, grow your faith, and find your community. For more info email email@example.com.
- Couples Small Group – meets 2 Thursdays per month from 6:30-8 pm in Zimmerman. Children are welcome. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Women’s Small Group – Tuesdays from 9-10:30 am in Zimmerman. Current study: Even If – The Book of Habbakuk. Do we praise the Lord even when life is hard? What does it mean to trust God when life doesn’t go as planned?
FGU Elk River Event Calendar:
December 23: Candlelight Christmas services @ 5:30 & 7 pm
December 24: Candlelight Christmas services @ 3 & 4:30 pm
December 25: Christmas Day – no services
December 31/January 1: Word of the Year 2023
FREE GRACE KIDS | ELK RIVER
Each of our churches are unique, which means that each church offers something a little different for kids during our weekend services. As our churches grow, we develop a church experience especially for them! (Read about Kids Church here.) Our mission at every church is to see your kids cross the line of faith and follow Jesus!
Nursery | For kids ages 6 weeks – 2 years
Our nursery is available for our youngest kiddos to experience the love and security Jesus offers. Drop off your little one in our nursery during church services, where they’ll play, hear a Bible story, and get prayed over by trained, caring volunteers.
Preschool | For kids ages 3 years – 5 years
When your kiddo is potty trained, can walk, and can communicate, he/she is ready for our preschool room! We use Bible-based curriculum that includes age-appropriate discipleship through teaching, games, and crafts.
Elementary | For school-age kids (K-5th grade)
Our 5-11 year-olds are our most age group that is most receptive to the Good News. We take this opportunity seriously! We have a special focus on tangible aspects of discipleship – helping kids navigate their Bibles, pray in groups, use their gifts to serve others, build friendships, and share their faith – all while teaching the Gospel every week through a Bible-based curriculum. Our elementary kids are together for the majority of their church experience, but may break into grade-based small groups for discussions and activities.
Kids of all ages are welcome to worship with their grown-ups in the adult services, if that’s what works best for your family! We provide a kid version of the sermon notes with activities to help little brains stay focused.
If you choose to have your kids join you in “big church”, here are some suggestions of things that help kids stay engaged:
- Have your child bring his/her own Bible, and help look up the Scripture in the sermon
- Encourage them to sing or dance during worship songs
- Coloring items
- Small, non-electronic toys for little ones (cars, puzzles, books)
- The Bible App for Kids and a pair of headphones
If your child gets wiggly or chatty, you’re welcome to step into the lobby or into the Family Seating room to give him/her a break.
ERIC & KELLY DYKSTRA
Eric & Kelly Dykstra have been married more than 25 years and have three awesome kiddos, one amazing daughter-in-law, and one adorable grandson. They are passionate about seeing broken people far from God come to know the amazing grace of Jesus. God has gifted them both with dynamic preaching and leadership styles, empowering them to share the truth of Christ with a wide demographic of people.
REUBEN & SUSIE DEISCH
ELK RIVER LOCATION PASTORS
Reuben & Susie Deisch are parents to Ayden and Makayla. They serve in a pastoral role in Elk River to help with connection and community. One of Pastor Reuben’s favorite things in the world is helping people go public with their faith through baptism.